21.5.05

children for peace

I Can Use Words to Make Peace
by children from Highland Addition Community Center, Washington, DC


I can use words to make peace
I can use words to make peace by saying I love my brothers and sisters.

I love them without hate.
Peace is black and white,

Light brown and dark brown.
Peace is red, green, and black because the grass is green, blood is red,and black is the color of our skin.
Peace tastes like strawberry shortcakesand a juicy plum.

Peace tastes like pizza and God.
I feel peaceful when I help people.Peace is when there is no violence.Peace is when everybody is happy.
I help my parents feel peacefulby asking them questions and by giving them flowers.
My family feels peaceful when we laugh and joke around.I feel peaceful when nobody in my family dies.
I help my parents feel peaceful by helping them to love me and also helping them to like me.

All I have to do is put my mind to things because that makes them feel peaceful.
I feel peaceful when my mommy helps me to learn and when I'm in my room alone reading a book.I feel peaceful when the clouds come out.
School makes me feel more peaceful.It makes me smile because we learn and we write.
At school, I feel peaceful when it's quiet,because the teacher won't holler at anyone.
I feel peaceful when I'm doing my work and getting good grades, listening to my teacher.Because I won't stay back.I will pass to another grade.
At school I feel peaceful when I have friends because I have someone to play with.I can help kids become friends by playing with them.Then they will be friends with each other.
Peace is when you're playing catch,throwing the ball up in the air.Peace is playing basketball with my friends.
When I see kids fighting, I say," Stop fighting, y'all. Look out for one another. "You've got to say, " I'm sorry what I did to you, "and " I accept your apology. "And you'll be back friends again.
Peace sounds like" I'm sorry brother.I'm sorry for saying bad things to you. "
I can use words to make peace by saying I love my brothers and sisters my mother and father my friends and cousins my grandparents homeless people and poor people.
I love them without hate.

No comments: